[Milton-L] An early happy quatracentenary

Carol Barton cbartonphd1 at verizon.net
Mon Dec 8 20:07:00 EST 2008

Thanks for the accolade, Jameela, but I prefer to think of it as a community effort. If it hadn't been for the as always excellent guidance I got from John Shawcross, I would have spent a good deal longer trying to find the data that convinced them that it should be erected "at or near" where it is, and if I hadn't had the financial backing of the Committee and the contributors, the event would not have been the success that it was. Thanks of course to you and Al Labriola and Tom Kranidas and John Steadman and Philip Birger, too, for that. I didn't do this. WE did.

HAPPY/MERRY CHRISTMAS and CHANNUKAH to all, and a resounding HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and WELCOME BACK TO LONDON, John.

I like to think that there were three smiling ghosts, witnessing the events that day. Granted, the plaque isn't marble, but the concept is the same.

Again, sincere thanks and very best to all, and happy holidays--

Carol Barton