[Milton-L] An early happy quatracentenary

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Mon Dec 8 14:44:53 EST 2008

And thanks to Carol Barton, who accomplished getting the plaque installed virtually single-handedly.

Jameela Lares
Professor of English
The U. of So. Mississippi
118 College Drive, #5037
Hattiesburg, MS 39406-0001
601 266-6214 ofc
601 266-5757 fax

>From Carol Barton <cbartonphd1 at verizon.net>
Sent Mon 12/8/2008 12:19 PM
To milton-l at lists.richmond.edu
Subject [Milton-L] An early happy quatracentenary

to our man, who will be 400 years old tomorrow.

For those of you who may not know, in behalf of the Corporation of London, the Lord Mayor unveiled a memorial plaque in his honor at the site of his birth on Bread Street in EC4 on 14 July 2008. A formal account of the ten-year saga that resulted in that happy event is now on file at Guildhall, complete with photographs of the unveiling and its participants, and I am hoping to publish a version of it online in the near future. Thanks again to all of the contributors to the Milton Quadricentenary Window Project, whose generosity made it possible to celebrate this milestone birthday in a lasting way!

Best to all,

Carol Barton

Milton-L web site: http://johnmilton.org/ (http://johnmilton.org/)