[Milton-L] southern celebrations

John Hale john.hale at otago.ac.nz
Sun Dec 7 16:56:46 EST 2008

Greetings from the deepest south.
Inspired by the news from Alaska, here's news about two events
happening at the Milton world's southernmost bastion, Dunedin, NZ
First, a meeting of the city's poets at which I held forth in varying
idioms to these mainly free-verse-writing bards, back in October.  Go to
http://www.otago.ac.nz/deepsouth/2008/Index08.html
Then, tomorrow, at 6.30 pm, which approximates (given our longitude)
to the hour of Milton's birth, we shall read his life through his
poems, cut a birthday cake and drink a toast to him.  This is at the
Dunediin Public Library, which is very big on poetic and other
literacy-promoting events.
Can I suggest that as a venue for future Miltonic events which want
to join Town with Gown the public library of many other cities might
welcome a Milton-performing event?
John Hale