[Milton-L] Milton's 400th at Jeffery's Seoul Apartment, December 9th, 2008

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Sat Dec 6 09:17:08 EST 2008

.. I was perhaps 9 or 10
>and had just discovered that the iron frame of my bed
>could serve as an antenna for radio waves. I had a radio
>that needed only to be attached to the iron bedstead with
>an alligator clip, and without benefit of battery, I could
>listen endlessly to stations all over the South . . . and
>to WLS, Chicago.

Cool. I used to listen to far-off am stations at night and deeply yearned to own a short-wave radio, so that I could listen all over  the world.  I now can, with a radio I got from LLBean - mostly those furriners speak in languages I can't even idenitfy!

Cheers,
Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU, ret.
JMU Safe Zones supporter