[Milton-L] Postcolonial Miltonists?

zclong at owu.edu zclong at owu.edu
Tue Dec 2 16:50:32 EST 2008

Hi all,

Below I have pasted a brand new job posting for my home
department. It is being advertised in all the usual places,
too, of course.  I only mention it here because I wanted to
alert any potentially interested parties to the fact that the
literary period/field is *genuinely* open.  So if you have a
serious interest/expertise in postcolonial literary studies--
the kind that would qualify you to teach a survey course that
reflected the range of work done under that moniker--then, by
all means, all you Miltonists, Spenserians, Shakespeareans,
and other early modernists with interests in the New World,
Ireland, imperialism, the history and legacy of colonialism,
etc., please apply.

Best,
Zack Long

ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF ENGLISH: Ohio Wesleyan University.
Ohio Wesleyan University seeks a person specializing in a
postcolonial approach to literature in English,
literary/period field open. A full-time, tenure-track
position. The load is six courses a year, three in freshman
composition and three in literature. We seek a candidate who
demonstrates excellence in teaching and writing. Experience
in teaching freshman writing is essential. Candidates should
have the Ph.D. by August 2009. Ohio Wesleyan University is
strongly committed to diversity within its community and
encourages all interested applicants, including women and
minorities, to apply. Send letter, vita, writing sample,
dossier, and a syllabus of your design to Lynette Carpenter,
Chair, Department of English, Sturges Hall, Ohio Wesleyan
University, 61 S. Sandusky St., Delaware, OH 43015.
Acknowledgment by e-mail or SAS card. Deadline: postmarked by
January 5, 2009.