[Milton-L] two small queries

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Dec 1 19:40:03 EST 2008

Kim Maxwell wrote:

  The
> Garden is in many ways the metaphorical center of both how they
> interpret the world and the fact that they have to interpret their
> world, that what it is and how they understand it are different.  I
> think this has some implications for how we might explain the fall
> itself.

About 25 years ago, working with a quite large collection of critical
views of the Separation in Book 9, I wasted a month or two of my life
trying to work out in matrix form the various mixtures  of perspectives
which led each critic to his/her 'final' judgment of the scene. I
finally decided that even a three-dimensional matrix wouldn't do the
trick, and gave it up.

Carrol