[Milton-L] A Milton quote

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Mon Dec 1 09:14:31 EST 2008

Thanks, Louis.  I actually posted a reply early yesterday, but for some reason our university mail system was slow getting it out.  I appreciate being given the page number.

Miton's Apology has been greatly overlooked in Milton studies, I ween.  It says a lot about what he think about the intersections of style and ethics.

Jameela Lares
Professor of English
The U. of So. Mississippi
118 College Drive, #5037
Hattiesburg, MS 39406-0001
601 266-6214 ofc
601 266-5757 fax

>From Schwartz, Louis <lschwart at richmond.edu>
Sent Mon 12/1/2008 7:27 AM
To 'John Milton Discussion List' <milton-l at lists.richmond.edu>
Subject RE: [Milton-L] A Milton quote

As I mentioned yesterday, the whole passage can be found on p. 694 in Hughes.  I can also be found on page 890 in vol. 1 of the Yale Prose.

Louis

Louis Schwartz

Associate Professor of English

University of Richmond