[Milton-L] Milton in London?

Leslie McMurtry leslie.mcmurtry at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 06:44:54 EDT 2008

Dear all,

As an American Milton lover now in the UK, I am hoping to visit some of the
Milton sites--I have been to Ludlow and am hoping to see Cambridge soon as
well as the cottage in Chalfont St Giles.  My question is whether there are
any sources with Milton value still left in London.  For example, the school
at St. Paul's that he attended must now be gone since the old cathedral
would have been destroyed in 1666.  Are there any blue plaques to his house
on Bread Street?  Or the other location in London where he lived in his
later years, I've forgotten the street.  I have been on several history
walks around London before--Dickens, Shakespeare, the area in the City, and
Jack the Ripper--but no one seems to have anything Milton-themed, which is a
shame since it is HIS year.   :-)  Any advice or tips would be greatly
appreciated.

Many thanks.

Sincerely,
Leslie McMurtry