[Milton-L] Apples

Salwa Khoddam skhoddam at cox.net
Sun Aug 17 10:41:39 EDT 2008

Dear Jeffery and everybody,

I must explain my silence.  I returned from England only about a week ago and read the post regarding the "apples" issue.  I attended the International Milton Congress and was there for the ceremony to unveil the plaque of Milton on Bread Street in London.  It was a wonderful experience meeting several Milton scholars, some of whom are members of this list.  I've ransacked my notes looking for the sources of my observation about the "apples" but to no avail.  I'm sorry that I can't find  any source for my comment.  However, I couldn't have done better than some of the responders who have provided some valuable information on this matter.  I'm looking forward to reading your completed work.
Best wishes,

Salwa Khoddam
Professor of English
Oklahoma City University