[Milton-L] How do you like them apples...?

Nancy Charlton pastorale55 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 22:19:25 EDT 2008

Marvell lives at the farmers market:

The nectarine and curious peach
Into my hands themselves do reach

Though the picture these days is often tempered by "Farewell! Thou art too dear for my possessing.

Nancy Charlton
who harvested the first ripe tomato of the season

Nancy Charlton

http://groups.google.com/group/paradiselostdaily

Azazel ... forthwith from the glittering staff unfurled	        535

The imperial ensign; which, full high advanced,

Shon like a meteor streaming to the wind,

With gems and golden lustre rich imblazed,

Seraphic arms and trophies; all the while

Sonorous metal blowing martial sounds:	        540

At which the universal host up-sent

A shout that tore Hell’s concave, and beyond

Frighted the reign of Chaos and old Night. (PL I:534-543)