[Milton-L] Information on Milton,s Grand Tour

karen and tony welch welch_tandk at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 4 05:50:42 EDT 2008

I think that the internet site that you are referring to is the recently opened Cambridge University website onb Milton I have queried this information with them and am awaiting an answer. I do not think that Henry Lawes did go to Italy with Milton - he had a servant with him but that cannot have been Lawes!
If I get receive a reply I will let you know
 Karen Welch

From: eoor at planet.nlTo: milton-l at lists.richmond.eduDate: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 18:20:50 +0200Subject: [Milton-L] Information on Milton,s Grand Tour

Dear List Members,

I am working on an essay on Milton's early poems
Recently I read on an internet music-site that young Milton went to Italy  on his Grand Tour together with Henry Lawes, the musician. I have never come across this information anywhere else. It may not be correct
Does anyone know? I would be much obliged.
It could partly explain  the reason for Milton's shipping home from Venice so many books on music

Enna Martina
Utrecht University, The Netherlands