[Milton-L] diagrams/illustrations of Milton's world/multiverse

Michael Gillum mgillum at unca.edu
Wed Sep 19 15:29:37 EDT 2007

Jameela, I was just groping for a word. I don't know whether it has been
applied to Milton's, er, thingamajig. The "-verse" root of "universe" refers
to the turning of the geocentric cosmos, so it doesn't transfer very aptly.

Because Milton's three created places parallel and invert each other in
various ways, there is a dim analogy to the fantasy-fiction sense you
describe.

Each of the places could be called a cosmos. Would it be right to say each
has its own set of natural laws? (In the physical, not the moral sense.)

Michael