[Milton-L] diagrams/illustrations of Milton's world/multiverse

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Wed Sep 19 12:39:21 EDT 2007

Are we agreed on the term "multiverse"?  In the only college-level dictionary I
could find, the term was attributed to a coinage by William James for "chaos."
In the fantasy fiction I read, the term would appear to apply to multiple worlds
that are parallel versions of each other but have split off from each other at
some crucial juncture.  Neither meaning applies very well to order-loving,
monist Milton.

Jameela

--
Jameela Lares, Ph.D.