[Milton-L] A pause about pauses

Mario DiCesare dicesare1 at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 16 21:47:40 EDT 2007

Dear Carl,

It's too late right now to dig back into earlier emails, but I don't
think I combined '"the pauses" on one hand, or the "sense drawn from
verse into verse."' I have pretty strong feelings about prosody though
I'm not inclined to be very technical about it. But what can one say to
someone so generous spirited that he provides the best counter argument
(if that's what it needs to be) for those he is ever so gently
criticizing! Right on, Carl.

Mario