[Milton-L] Re: Early BCP texts online.

Tom Bishop t.bishop at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Sep 13 19:12:38 EDT 2007

In the matter of which Psalter was used or supposed to be used in
worship under ELizabeth, I recall that the Bishop's BIble printed two
versions, did it not, both the BCP one and a "translation after the
Hebrews", in parallel columns? So even reading from the lectern Bible
as opposed to the pulpit BCP would not determine which version might
be used. This is at least the case in the 1572 Bishops' I last looked
at. I haven't checked either other editions or the bibliography on
them to make sure.

Tom

Tom Bishop
Professor of English