[Milton-L] Crucial punctuation in The Book of Common Prayer

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 06:33:32 EDT 2007

Thanks, Nancy, for the interesting remarks.

  My distinction between soul and spirit was intended to suggest that the biblical writers didn't consider the soul immortal. For immortality, a spirit was required. That's a distinction that I suspect that Paul was working with in his thinking about an 'ensouled' body and an 'enspirited' body.

  I actually have a Brown-Driver-Briggs and will look as soon as I have some time. At the moment, I'm filling out bureaucratic forms.

  Meanwhile, if Milton had any thoughts about this possible distinction, I'd be interested in knowing...

  Jeffery Hodges

Horace Jeffery Hodges <jefferyhodges at yahoo.com> wrote:
    Nancy Rosenfeld asked me to forward this due to technical difficulties.

  Jeffery Hodges