[Milton-L] the variety of pauses

Noam Flinker flinker at research.haifa.ac.il
Fri Sep 14 16:36:25 EDT 2007

Dear Carl,
	I agree.  Incidentally, I checked the OED and found the following:
1589 G. PUTTENHAM Arte Eng. Poesie II. iv. 61 Three maner of pauses...
The shortest pause or intermission they called comma... The second they
called colon... The third they called periodus, for a complement or
full pause.
Yours,
Noam