[Milton-L] Re: AV/KJV

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Fri Sep 14 14:47:24 EDT 2007

>I too would disagree with the "breakaway" simplification. There are
>parishes -- I belong to one -- in which 1928 is an alternate version. We
>use 1928  for communion on Thursdays, a service attended by (in
>particular) people who would not otherwise come to church at all because
>they hate the new services.
>
>Caroline Hunt
>
>PS: BTW, ours is the cathedral parish for this diocese, so clearly not
>"breakaway."

Thanks - Had no idea. I am most familiar with Mariner's Church in Detroit, which did exit over the Pryare Book matter. I don't think even in this relatively conservative diocese [Diocese of Va] that churches would be let use '28 - but I could be wrong.

Thanks for  clariification.
Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU
JMU Safe Zones participant