[Milton-L] Re: AV/KJV

Jason Kerr aelfric at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 06:57:58 EDT 2007

I'll soon be reading the 1559 BCP in preparation for an oral exam on 17th
century lit. Not having grown up in a tradition that uses it (or its
successors), what advice do list members have as far as what I should attend
to (beyond the language) to get the most from my reading? This by way of
beginning to correct for the BCP being "under-attended to."

Thanks in advance,
Jason A. Kerr

--
The purpose of poetry is to remind us
how difficult it is to remain just one person,

           —Czeslaw Milosz, from "Ars Poetica?"