[Milton-L] Bible translations

Jenn Lewin jennlewin at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 17:13:43 EDT 2007

Herb Marks, chair of Comp Lit at Indiana, is finishing up the Norton Critical OT.  It should be out soon!

Jenn

Jennifer Lewin
Assistant Professor of English
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40506-0027
lewin at uky.edu

"Schwartz, Louis" <lschwart at richmond.edu> wrote:              I wonder what happened to the planned Norton Critical Edition of the English Bible.  I wrote a review for Norton of the original proposal—I was very excited by the prospect.  Is it still in the works?  I have no idea who the editor was.  If I recall, the proposal planned to offer separate NT and OT volumes, extensive notes, and the usual selection of secondary pieces and commentaries (ancient to modern; secular and from within various religious traditions).  It was wildly ambitious.  Maybe it just couldn’t get done?

  Louis

  Louis Schwartz
  Associate Professor of English
  University of Richmond