[Milton-L] Bible translations

bill hilton billhiltonmedia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 13:53:07 EDT 2007

On a side note - and I'm probably going to reveal some shocking ignorance
here - when I was a kid the Reverend King, my Religious Studies
teacher, only gave me a half mark for a test answer about the King James
Bible. The question was something like "what was the name of the famous
Bible published in 1611?"

The answer I wrote was "The King James Version". When I asked why he hadn't
given me a full mark he responded - thunderously - that it wasn't acceptable
to use the name KJV in an academic context, and that the text should
properly be referred to as the Authorized Version.

Did he mislead me?