[Milton-L] Bible translations

Schwartz, Louis lschwart at richmond.edu
Wed Sep 12 11:21:59 EDT 2007

I wonder what happened to the planned Norton Critical Edition of the
English Bible.  I wrote a review for Norton of the original proposal-I
was very excited by the prospect.  Is it still in the works?  I have no
idea who the editor was.  If I recall, the proposal planned to offer
separate NT and OT volumes, extensive notes, and the usual selection of
secondary pieces and commentaries (ancient to modern; secular and from
within various religious traditions).  It was wildly ambitious.  Maybe
it just couldn't get done?

Louis

Louis Schwartz

Associate Professor of English