[Milton-L] Fw:

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Wed Sep 12 05:30:11 EDT 2007

The problem with the OWC, and indeed with any current copy of the KJV, is that
there are virtually no notes, and especially none that indicate such literary
issues as word play or literary structures.  The new Penguin KJV has some
notes, but not enough to suit me.  I'm teaching in World Lit the little dribble
of KJV that the Norton includes, and it is again without notes.  I waffle
between using the KJV in my Bible Lit class and other versions.  Currently I'm
using 5 different modern translations that either have good language, or good
notes, or both.  I had heard rumors about a forthcoming academic version of the
KJV with usable notes but it has not yet appeared.  In any case, Milton used
more than just the KJV.

Cheers,

Jameela

--