[Milton-L] Poetry Daily (liquid song) oops

carl bellinger bcarlb at comcast.net
Sat Sep 1 12:52:52 EDT 2007

for "bickering... " , read "bickering flame."  PL 6.766  M's coinage is the
application of the term bickering to flames; initially as I recall bickering
was simply a military term akin to "skirmishing" first one way then the
other.

And from about him fierce effusion rowl'd
Of smoak and bickering flame and sparkles dire.  6.766

Still, not an *un*warlike image all in all...

Cheers,
-Carl