[Milton-L] Aristotle good against boars

Paul Miller pm9 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 30 12:33:53 EST 2007

Milton's grandfather was a deputy rover of Shotover forest. There somewhere in Shotover around Elizabeth I time or a little earlier a Queen's college student defended himself against a wild boar with a volume of Aristotle, successfully I presume. There is an obelisk there telling of Elizabeth being met by the vice-chancellor, was this about the student and the boar perhaps on the obelisk also? If so why would that be on the obelisk If not where does this story come from? Trivia I know but I find it facinating how these stories are preserved and if true I will keep a volume of Aristotle close when crossing dark alleys and such.

note pg 3 Eden Renewed Levi

Paul Miller