[Milton-L] Milton and Portuguese poetry

Erick Ramalho ramalhoerick at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 30 05:23:07 EST 2007

Thank you for your suggestion, Dr. van den Berg. I´ll go for Martz's 'Poet of Exile', which, I´ve just found out, has been reissued in a second edition now titled 'Milton: Poet of Exile' with a new introduction and a few changes.
  In the meantime, it came to my attention an article by Professor Shawcross in which he assumes a quite interesting concept of 'presence' rather  than 'influence'. Shawcross, John. T. John Milton and His Spanish and Portuguese Presence. Milton Quarterly - Volume 32, Number 2, May 1998, pp. 41-52.

  Regards,

   Erick Ramalho