[Milton-L] 17th Century contexts

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Thu Nov 29 11:51:49 EST 2007

.though some of the anachronisms make me wince and need to
>be explained. .

All of us who teach earlier Birtish lit anticipating next semester having a lot of students who will think they don't need to read "Beowulf" for the soph survey becuase they've seen the movie ... one of my upper level English majors who has seen it says that if you are looking for a noisy movie with great special effects and lots of gore, it's just great, but if you want to see "Beowulf," you won't. Am debating going to see it with colleagues so we can jeer at it ...

Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU
JMU Safe Zones participant