[Milton-L] Milton on Divorce and Polygamy

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Sat Nov 17 13:47:15 EST 2007

>   .   The
>   questions of divorce and polygamy had been swirling
>   around in Europe for a long time - from before
>   Milton was born I believe.

I am at home and too lazy to go online to confirm this [and Michigan/Ohio State will resume shortly!] but wasn't at least one Anabaptist commune either accused of encouraging or indeed did foster a form of free love? I'm not sure of date or pplace - Munster? [with an unlaut perhaps?]. Certainly that would have animated discussions of marriage!

Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU
JMU Safe Zones participant