[Milton-L] Adverts

Jason Kerr aelfric at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 10:58:05 EST 2007

I have to say that the ads that show up in Gmail alongside list
conversations are often quite amusing, especially when the discussion
waxes theological. For instance an ad selling "Psalm 23 ringtones."
Kierkegaard once wrote that even a printer's error can be a legitimate
means of becoming witty; perhaps the same could now be said about the
ads our online writings inadvertently attract. The example Tom gives
us here is priceless (as in, I wonder how much revenue that particular
ad actually generated?).

Jason A. Kerr
Boston College

--
The purpose of poetry is to remind us
how difficult it is to remain just one person,

           —Czeslaw Milosz, from "Ars Poetica?"