[Milton-L] Recommendations for a course on censorship

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 02:21:35 EST 2007

This may be getting too far afield to be about censorship, but Hans Blumenberg has a wonderful section on the 'censoring' of curiosity in his magnificent work, The Legitimacy of the Modern Age. Take a look at Part 3: "The 'Trial' of Theoretical Curiosity" (pp. 227-453) to see if the advocated 'self-censorship' advocated by the Church Fathers (especially Augustine) and by the Church fits your program.

  Jeffery Hodges