[Milton-L] A response to Carol Barton on puritan & other protestants

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 02:13:47 EST 2007

Alan Rudrum wrote:

  "Teaching Samson Agonistes to a group of seniors recently, I noticed that in my little book on SA, published forty years ago, I used the word 'barbaric' where 'barbarous' would be correct."

  Such a barbarism can hardly be forgiven.

  Jeffery Hodges

University Degrees:

Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley
M.A., History of Science, U.C. Berkeley