[Milton-L] Recommendations for a course on censorship

rfeld_zn at keh.co.il rfeld_zn at keh.co.il
Fri Nov 16 03:18:53 EST 2007

Dear Angelica,

Two other suggestions for your course on censorship:

Selections from Joyce's Ulysses, plus the text of Judge J.M. Woolsey's 1933
decision to remove the ban on importing the book into the US.

>From the Bible: the Song of Songs, plus discussion/s of the problematics of
unmediated exposure of readers to the text.

All the best,
Nancy.

Nancy Rosenfeld, PhD.
English Studies Unit, Max Stern Academic College of Emek Yizre'el.
Dept. of English Language and Literature, University of Haifa.