[Milton-L] Recommendations for a course on censorship

Angelica Duran duran0 at exchange.purdue.edu
Thu Nov 15 13:58:49 EST 2007

Dear scholars,

I am very excited about an opportunity to teach a course on censorship for a
university honors program  in Autumn 2008 (looking quite ahead).  I have
some definite ideas about texts and topics I'd like to cover --
_Areopagitica_ and Milton's placement on the Spanish Inquisition's Index
Librorums will not doubt be a part of the course; and I will include
_Fahrenheit 451_ because my students will participate in a town-and-gown
with an area high school that will also read that text. But I do want to
have a little more input about primary and secondary works from the ancient
to contemporary times from disciplines ranging from the arts, sciences,
engineering, history, politics, etc. before I submit my final proposal. If
you have any suggestions, know of colleagues who focus on the subject and
could give sage advice, etc., please do tell.

Thank you for your consideration. All speed apprecaited.

Adios,

Angelica Duran
Associate Professor
English and Comparative Literature