[Milton-L] invitation to a book project

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Fri Nov 9 15:02:16 EST 2007

Friends - I am passing along a call for proposales for contributions from a colleague of mine. She is quite eager for this to come to fruition and I can say, from having served with her on committees etc., that she would be very good to work with.

The Invitation:

I welcome abstracts and full essays for a proposed edited collection which would reassess the influence of Sandra Gilbert and Susan Gubar’s The Madwoman in the Attic after thirty years. I welcome essays that explore the legacy of this groundbreaking work for feminist theory and nineteenth-century literary studies through rereadings of the primary texts; readings of other works through the book’s critical paradigm; and explorations of its critical history, especially when placed in relation to competing theories and critical voices.

Abstracts should be approximately 500 words long. Please submit abstracts or full essays by email attachment to
Annette R. Federico at federiar at jmu.edu. Please
include a CV as a separate attachment. I will consider previously published material or revisions if they suit the focus of the collection. Submissions through December 7, 2007.

Annette Federico
Dept of English, mailstop 1801
James Madison University
Harrisonburg VA 22807