[Milton-L] Paradise Lost reading

Lorayne C. Mundy mundylc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 20 17:43:22 EDT 2007

Try this on for thought...I assigned one book per student, who is then responsible for a synopsis, a critical essay (2-3 page), a list of characters in that book, and a bibliography. This is distributed to the rest of the class.  A class discussion is held of each student's work. When done, class has an entire set of the 12 books.  Just finished that method  in a survey course & it worked pretty well. Because they didn't have to critique the entire 12 books they seemed willing to put an extra effort into the one book exercise.  I had 14 students so the last two did a critique on 1-6 and 7-12.  Love to hear if it works for you, should you care to try it.

Lorayne C Mundy