[Milton-L] Comus recordings?

Michael Dobiel michaeldobiel2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 15:33:41 EST 2007

Hello all,

  Not long ago I inquired about musical uses of Milton's work and received many helpful responses.  The information I received has given much direction to my search.  Now I have a more specific question.  Are there any recordings of the original music to Comus, written by Henry Lawes?  For that matter, does the music survive today in a score?  Has that score been published more recently? I am hoping to use Comus for a project in my Medieval/Renaissance music seminar.  If anyone could provide information regarding these questions I would appreciate it greatly.