[Milton-L] PL, the Movie and "The Island of Love"

John Geraghty johnegeraghty at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 4 17:21:14 EST 2007

I would suggest preparing yourself by watching "The Island of Love"

I saw it quite a while ago, but a good prequel to whatever is being created
for the movie:

Synopsis form: http://movies.aol.com/movie/island-of-love/1045263/synopsis

 Morton Da Costa

Synopsis:Island of Love

In this different type of gangster farce with a few flaws here and there,
Robert Preston is Steve Blair, a superlative con artist whose sidekick Paul
Ferris (Tony Randall) is a boozy writer currently working on a cartoon.
Steve gets the idea of producing a movie based on Genesis in the Bible and
brings Paul into the scheme as a scripter. He finds financial backing in the
form of $2,000,000 from gangster Tony Dallas (Walter Matthau) who is none
too happy when the final product flops with a resounding crash. Anxious to
find a safe spot to hide out, Steve and Paul make their way to a Greek
island where Steve is inspired by another brilliant idea for a scam that
just might work, knowing full well that the gangster is sure to show up
sooner or later. ~ Eleanor Mannikka, All Movie Guide

Should be a warning to the producers.

-John