[Milton-L] PL, the movie

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 4 13:34:10 EST 2007

Cynthia A. Gilliatt wrote:

  "Since JM, if I remember correctly, consistently uses references to Islam to malign the fallen angels, it will be interesting to see how the movie will achieve the above [i.e., not offending Islam]."

  Let me add that since Milton -- and any other Christian -- commits the terrible sin of "shirk" (associating the non-divine with God), then not offending Islam might prove rather difficult.

  By the way, where can I read about Milton using "references to Islam to malign the fallen angels"?

  Jeffery Hodges

University Degrees:

Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley
M.A., History of Science, U.C. Berkeley