[Milton-L] Milton's Bogey (and such)

John Rumrich rumrich at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Mar 1 21:40:25 EST 2007

Kathleen Vejvoda has argued that nineteenth-century women tended to
find in Milton a source of pride and strength.  The essay in which
she makes this claim is devoted to the Masque, not PL.  Still, you
might find it useful: "The Fruit of Charity: Comus and Christina
Rossetti's Goblin Market." It appeared in Victorian Poetry, vol 38.