[Milton-L] Milton and ale

carl bellinger bcarlb at comcast.net
Thu Mar 1 03:27:56 EST 2007

 I am convinced that the drink God drinks when
God wishes to is single malt Scotch whisky.    > Cynthia A. Gilliatt

You might oughta take that up, Cynthia, with Saint Brigit, to whom is
attributed this rich and winsome verse:

"I'd like to give a lake of beer to God.
I'd love the Heavenly Host to be tippling for all eternity.
I'd love the people of Heaven to live with me. To dance and sing,
If they wanted, I'd give for their use vats of suffering.
I'd make Heaven cheerful because the happy heart is true,
I'd make the people contented, I'd like Jesus to be there too.
I'd like the people of Heaven to gather from all around,
I'd give a special welcome to women, the three Mary's of great renown.
I'd sit with the men and women of God. There by the lake of beer.
We'd drink good health forever, and every drop would be prayer."

Carl