[Milton-L] Milton, Shakespeare and blank verse

Mario Murgia precious.bane at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 13:45:17 EDT 2007

Dear scholars,
After a rather long absence here I am again with a question –does anybody
know whether there is any information available on a possible relationship
between Shakespeare's and Milton's use of blank verse? In other words, is
Milton in any way indebted to Shakespeare in this respect? Do you know of
anyone who may have discussed the possibility?
As always, any ideas on this subject will be much appreciated.
Best regards,
Mario Murgia

--
"It is my opinion that the power of eloquence is most manifest when it deals
with subjects which rouse no particular enthusiasm."