[Milton-L] apostasy and apology

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 12:35:58 EST 2007

And of course part of the thorniness of the question of Milton's
theology is the problem of trying to derive a theology from a poem,
and that one's theology can change over time, etc.  Adding to the
thorniness is similarity of language between trinitarians and
non-trinitarians: in practice, people on both sides of the issue tend
not to use the precisely technical language required for a
non-ambiguous statement of dogma. That language is generally reserved
for creeds.

Here are two links from one resource:

http://www.brysons.net/miltonweb/milton01.html

http://www.brysons.net/miltonweb/milton02.html

Jim R

PS Thanks for the good news, Fr. Logsdon.  It's been 35 years since my
last confession and don't even get me started on my sins.  Maybe a few
thousand Hail Marys with a couple hundred Our Fathers?

And thank you for reminding us that the Catholic Church does attempt
to be genuinely catholic.