[Milton-L] apostasy and apology

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun Dec 30 16:30:45 EST 2007

> I know a fellow Baptist who left the Baptist church and briefly tried the Catholic Church, which was willing to accept his Baptist baptism. That surprised me, for baptism is also a sacrament, so I didn't expect the RCC to accept a Baptist church's baptism. I simply wondered if something similar was the case with the eucharist.

Rome accepts all baptisms as valid if they are performed according to
the correct formula (In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of
the Holy Spirit, etc).  Even emergency baptisms performed by hospital
personnel (personal religion notwithstanding) on stillborns, etc, are
accepted as valid.  I am a priest, and my baptism was So Bapt.