[Milton-L] Apostasy - an unusual PL adaptation

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Dec 29 19:33:51 EST 2007

> I think there are many definitions of "Christian"

We think differently.

> What is "each and every line item in the Christian creed"?

Some time ago the Rt Rev Spong took each line item in the Nicene Creed
and explained publicly why none of them were true.  Pretty non-Christian
of him.

> Milton disagreed with some of the nominal tenets of the "Christian religion" (whatever that is, other than theology based on the teachings of Christ); does that make him a non-Christian?

His subordinationism certainly makes his Christianity questionable.

This list is no place for a religious dispute, so I apologise for having
sparked one.  I'm always somewhat amazed that the average Christian,
regardless of allegiance, would find it hard to swallow that an orthodox
Catholic wouldn't publicly stand for what his Church officially teaches
as true.

But, then again, this is a Milton list.

Doh.  There I go again.  No more from me.

Merry Christmas, all.  Really.