[Milton-L] Apostasy - an unusual PL adaptation

Tony Demarest tonydemarest at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 29 15:12:46 EST 2007

And to make matters even worse, the distributor is located in New Jersey! A state not known for its atheists. Or perhaps it is a film about our politicians.

Tony

From: larisa at lit.u-szeged.huTo: milton-l at lists.richmond.eduDate: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 19:54:02 +0100Subject: [Milton-L] Apostasy - an unusual PL adaptation

While searching for contemporary reflections on Milton’s Paradise Lost on youtube, I have come across a film of an independent film group, the Pandora Machine, founded in 2001 „in order to produce genre and art-house features.” A quote from the trailer might peek your interest:

Lucifer has taken over the earth….
Most believe He is God, not Satan.
Now
Only an Atheist can stop him…

(To watch the trailer go to http://youtube.com/watch?v=34xfrwEPnJY)

The comment they provided on their homepage is quite telling: „Don't ever make a movie with a title no one can pronounce. Also, to make matters worse we went from Shakespeare to Milton. (It wasn't from a lack of classical allusion that these pictures didn't get distribution.)”
Anyway, I was wondering, if anyone on the Milton-list was familiar with this piece of work?
Happy New Year to All!

Larisa