[Milton-L] Apostasy - an unusual PL adaptation

Larisa Kocic-Zambo larisa at lit.u-szeged.hu
Sat Dec 29 13:54:02 EST 2007

While searching for contemporary reflections on Milton's Paradise Lost on
youtube, I have come across a film of an independent film group, the Pandora
Machine, founded in 2001 "in order to produce genre and art-house features."
A quote from the trailer might peek your interest:

Lucifer has taken over the earth..

Most believe He is God, not Satan.

Now

Only an Atheist can stop him.

(To watch the trailer go to http://youtube.com/watch?v=34xfrwEPnJY)

The comment they provided on their homepage is quite telling: "Don't ever
make a movie with a title no one can pronounce. Also, to make matters worse
we went from Shakespeare to Milton. (It wasn't from a lack of classical
allusion that these pictures didn't get distribution.)"

Anyway, I was wondering, if anyone on the Milton-list was familiar with this
piece of work?

Happy New Year to All!

Larisa