[Milton-L] thursday

John T. Shawcross JTSHAW74 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 26 20:41:27 EDT 2007

I'll ignore Jameela's nasty.
In any case, there's no specific designation made by Milton or by
Cyriack Skinner concerning the "sword." But rapier does seem the best
possibility. Surely not the usual saber, although there are light
ones, and probably not the epee, which I think is primarily used in
fencing rather than walking around town carrying "protection," and
not the foil, which is a fencing sword with a blunt end (a kind of
"button"). I know less about swords than all the other many things I
don't know anything about.
John