[Milton-L] areopagitica, again

Jeffrey Shoulson jshoulson at miami.edu
Wed Apr 25 13:29:40 EDT 2007

Thanks, John.
Yes, I'm aware of Ross's references to the divorce tracts and do see
that as some evidence of Ross's familiarity with Milton even before
Areopagitica.  I haven't read enough of Ross to be able to judge
whether he was capable of that moral (or educational) honesty you so
aptly describe.  It will require further investigation.
Best,
Jeffrey

Jeffrey S. Shoulson, Ph. D.
Associate Professor of English and Judaic Studies
University of Miami
PO Box 248145
Coral Gables, FL 33124-4632

(o) 305-284-5596