[Milton-L] Areopagitica's first readers

Larisa Kocic-Zámbó larisa at lit.u-szeged.hu
Mon Apr 23 16:13:23 EDT 2007

I can only recommend John T. Shawcross' survey of Milton's prose works in
Michael Lieb and John T. Shawcross eds. Achievements of the Left Hand:
Essays on the Prose of John Milton. See pages 304-308.  Unfortunately, I am
in no position to tell whether it reflects the standpoint of recent
criticism on the matter, but would like to hear more myself.

With due respect,

Larisa Kocic-Zambo

UNIVERSITY OF SZEGED

Institute of English & American Studies