[Milton-L] Recently released database

M Reeves mreeves at yorku.ca
Sat Apr 21 15:25:28 EDT 2007

newly released bookSpeaking of recent releases, I wanted to inform list-members of a database that is invaluable for Milton scholarship.  If it has already been announced on this list, my apologies for the duplication.   (The database has been available since last summer, but I've only recently discovered it.  I've also learned that even if your library has purchased rights to access the main Iter Bibliography, the Milton Bibliography requires a separate subscription):

"Iter and the Arizona Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies are
pleased to announce the publication of the first online edition of John
T. Shawcross's Milton: A Bibliography for the Years 1624-1700: Revised,
and for the years 1701-1799. This bibliography is an extensive revision
and continuation of Milton: A Bibliography for the Years 1624-1700,
published by Medieval & Renaissance Texts & Studies (MRTS), Binghamton,
New York, in 1984, and it is the only Milton bibliography that covers
the eighteenth century. The bibliography tries to bring together all
manuscripts and editions of Milton's works and all studies and critical
statements concerning Milton's life and works, all allusions and
quotations, and all significant imitations during the years 1624-1799.
Users can browse by century or year, or do Boolean, keyword or phrase
searches of over 13,000 entries. Cross references within the
bibliography are hypertext links, allowing for ease of navigation. This
bibliography, which will be further augmented in future years, is an
invaluable resource for Milton scholars, and literary, history, and
publication scholars of both the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries.

Individual and institutional subscriptions are available.

Regards,
Margaret Reeves
mreeves at yorku.ca